There is no work quite like barn work! Seeking Volunteers for the following areas:
- Trail and field maintenance
- Cutting grass and weed eating
- Cleaning up around the barn
- Photography for promotional material
- Videoing for training videos
- Leading horses for Clubs/Camps/Birthday parties
- Mentoring teen girls in the Therapeutic program
- Soccer clubs and camps
- Fishing clubs and camps
- Special Needs clubs and camps
- Child Care for Bible studies and retreats
- Painting (Shed, touch up on barn, as well as murals on fences)
- Sign maintenance (changing out the Leesville Rd sign and pasture signs as needed)
- Anyone good with mechanics who can help maintain farm machinery
Fill out the volunteer form and send it via mail or bring it by the OBIC office!
OBIC has in the past offered an awesome fishing club for kids of all ages every Tuesday night from 6-8pm. The club is currently “on hold” until we find individuals interested in leading. Anyone who has a heart for helping kids learn to fish can help lead this club. We would need help rigging the rods for everyone before hand, as well as help with the kids while fishing.
If you have any interest in helping us out in these ways please contact David at 252-423-1434 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Riding Instruction:
Requirements – Riding Experience and over 18 years of age
What you would be doing:
Clubs – Leading horses and teaching basic riding skills for saddle and cowboy clubs from 6-8 pm Tuesday evenings.
Camps – Leading horses and teaching basic riding skills for camps Summers M-F 7am – 12:30pm.
Events – Leading horses and teaching basic grooming and horse care for scheduled events for Churches and community groups as well as fund raising events like birthday parties.
Trail Guides – Grooming, tacking, and guiding trail rides for fundraising.
Grooming and Tack Maintenance – Weekly cleaning routine.
Requirements – Comfortable around horses and over 16 years of age
*We need help leading horses during Saddle/Cowboy Club (times and dates to be announced).
*We need help on weekends and some during the week leading kids on horses for booked events.
Petting Zoo and Barn Tours:
Requirements – At least 14 years of age and comfortable around animals